Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays with your loved ones.
I never establish New Years resolutions per se; however, I believe in continuous personal growth and becoming better every single day.
Things I’m scraping:
- Allowing others to bring me down
- One-way friendships/giving people too many chances
- Comparing myself to others/feeling inadequate
- Not putting myself first (sleepless nights, etc.)
- Pressure to be “normal” (no need to follow others’ status quo)
Things I’m embracing:
- Spending quality time with the best people
- More travel (duh, it’s me!)
- Volunteering more
- Gaining 10+ pounds
PS: please note the new name and domain change 🙂
I’m going to come right out and say it: I have depression. I’ve known that something was “off” since I was about 10 years old, but things really took a turn for the worst when I was 17. And at 26, things are REALLY BAD and have been since late 2018.
During my routine spring cleaning in November, I decided to go through some old photos. While recalling memories of how my family once was, I felt numb. I kind of shrugged it off like, “well that was nice, but it’s in the past now.” What really hit me were the photos of how happy I was as a child. I was outgoing, genuinely excited about everything, and didn’t have a care in the world if others thought I was crazy. I was unapologetic 100% of the time.
When did she go on vacation and never return home? How can I get her to come back and visit me, or even stay forever? These are the necessitous things I’d like to know…